Friday, November 24, 2006

Invention - Da Vinci Fish Flier


digital painting - Corel Painter

Back in March of 2006, I came up with some concepts for a weekly sketch group topic Evolution. The original idea I had was how fish would eventually evolve into flying creatures. I believe Da Vinci had postulated the same theory, but no one took him seriously. Since the topic this week for the Illustration Friday is INVENTION, I decided to take one of my original sketches and paint it.


If you are curious, you can see my other Flying Fish concept sketches here.

4 comments:

Michelle Lana said...

HI Robert!! Great one....love it a lot! Thanks for stopping by. I like that you showed your sketch! Great work!

Suzan said...

Great illo. I love it!

Tony LaRocca said...

That is awesome. I'm extremely impressed by the concept (and your avatar!)

Marco Bucci said...

nice work - the yellow is really zinging off that blue background.