Sunday, November 12, 2006

rubber ducky


digital painting - corel painter.




concept pen sketch on blue steno pad.



Now that work has slowed down a bit and my freelance gigs are all completed, I had some time to play more with Painter.

I based this sketch of a duck with rubbers and a rain coat from wooden sculptures I saw in an store window two weeks ago. They were of a mama duck and her chicks all dressed in rain coats and hats with tiny foot rubbers. It was the cutest thing I've ever seen.

3 comments:

Michelle Lana said...

Thanks for stopping by, Robert....love the duckie :)

Marco Bucci said...

Cool sketch. It's great to paint from something that you saw awhile ago. Good memory excersize. Thanks for the kind comment, too!

Dan Segarra said...

Yo Robert!

That duck's pretty sweet man. I've messed around with Painter about once... I couldn't find how to use filters on the layers and never returned. Heh heh... you've made me want to try it out again.

I'm doin' pretty good man, just tryin' to get this short film fully animated. It's getting there... by this time 2015 it should be done. ;P Nah, really I'm shootin' for January.

Hope the married life's goin' well?

Keep on drawin'! ;)
Cya buddy!